Ads

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Consumer Respect/Delight?

Few incidents made me think again "ARE CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS delighted/respected in so called CULTURAL INDIA?"

First one - I booked a ticket for Trichy in KPN Travels. At the last moment I had to change my plan and cancelled the return ticket. Agent has to give Rs.648 and Rs.324 respectively [cancelled two sets of tickets], but had given Rs.645 and Rs.320. Response when I asked was even more shocking. They said that they dont have change and they will round off like this only. And added that if I want the money I need to give Rs.3 and Rs.6 so that they will round and give me back Rs.5 and Rs.10 respectively.

I was wondering if the money belongs to us or them. Though the private travels make you reach faster than government counterparts, I dont think this will delight consumer. Dont know where from they get this courage and how they never feel guilty.

Second one - I had travelled back from Trichy by SETC AC bus. As per the present traffic suggestion, no outstation buses are allowed to enter the Chennai City during 8AM to 8PM. So, when I boarded the bus @ 3 PM, I was informed that the bus will not go via Tambaram, Guindy [Most irritating fact is that Condutor told that bus will go only after 10PM via Tambaram as against 8 PM]. And Bus was in a poor condition that it was very slow. By 8 PM, it reached only Melmaruvathur. Due to heavy traffic, it was by 10 PM only bus reached near Tambaram. When few of us approached conductor to go via Tambaram as it is already 10 PM, conductor told that it will not go because the traffic will be more inside the city. After few fights stating that there wont be any bus in Koyambedu, driver finally agreed to go via Tambaram.

Things to note hear are 1) Govt buses are not in condition in most cases. 2) Govt drivers are not respecting or responding appropriately to passengers thinking that they are working for govt and not for public.

No comments:

Post a Comment